To promote women's participation in leadership and decision-making
Tammuz Organization for Social Development participated in the meeting, which was held at the headquarters of the Baghdad Women Association on 5/8/2019
Tammuz Organization for Social Development participated in the meeting, which was held at the headquarters of the Baghdad Women Association on 5/8/2019 at the invitation of (Baghdad Women Association) and with the support of the Norwegian People's Aid within the project of enhancing the participation of women in leadership and decision-making process. The meeting dealt with giving a brief summary of the advocacy campaign. We protect our family, and give a presentation on the previous campaigns conducted by the Baghdad Women Association on (personal status, domestic violence, penalties, sexual violence, and human trafficking).
Mechanisms to reach the most important issues and demands of women in the current stage are defined as follows.
- Hold meetings and then the electronic form is launched.
- Establishing communication groups with female MPs.
- Holding two workshops, the first workshop on (campaigns of the advocacy) and the second on leadership and women's political participation with women parliamentarians and members of the campaign for three days at the Rashid Hotel.
- Conducting expanded discussion meetings targeting men
- 5 radio episodes / Radio advertising for a year / preparation of a channel in the name of the campaign.
- Preparation of a short film and an interactive theater.
All campaign activities are then monitored and evaluated.
At the end of the meeting, the topics of the campaign were nominated and selected as follows:
* Enable women's political participation.
* Combating domestic violence.
* Women's economic empowerment.
During the meeting, full strategic plans were drawn up and a campaign statement was drafted to be addressed to decision-makers. During the workshops and seminars held by the organization staff.
Tammuz Organization for Social Development
5 August 2019